Weatherford is known for community and family that is why it is becoming one of the premier communities to live in the North Texas area. Weatherford is located about 20 minutes west of Fort Worth, Texas and it is fulll of history.
Weatherford is proud of it's heritage and full of rich, western and pioneer history but sees the future with progress and economic vitality.
Families enjoy the community for many of the following reasons:
* Quick 20 minute commute to downtown Ft. Worth
* Cutting Horse Capital of the World
* Local shopping includes; Belks, JC Penney, Kohls, Target, Home Depot, & Lowes just to mention a few
* Restaurants includes; On the Border, Chilli's, Cracker Barrel, Fire Oak Grill, Chicken Scratch Grill & many fast food eateries
* Weatherford Lake for the water sports advocate
* Peach Capital of Texas with annual Peach Festival every July
* Weatherford College established in 1869 and growing
* Health needs serviced by Weatherford Regional Health Care System
* Home of Mary Martin, the original Peter Pan and mother of Larry Hagman, aka J.R. Ewing from the Dallas TV series
Weatherford is "Growing with Tradition."