The following are the most common questions I receive from first-time home buyers. If you or anyone you know is planning to buy a home, contact me today. I will be happy to discuss any of this information in more detail…
- I’m a first-time buyer, what is the best advice you can give me? Work with a trusted real estate agent. You need someone who has experience working with first-time buyers, and who keeps up with the latest information that could impact your home buying experience.
- What do I need to do first? Getting pre-approved for a mortgage is first thing to take care of in the home buying process.
- What about my credit score? In order to buy a home, you need a minimum score of 580. 620 and over is preferred by many lenders.
- How much money is required for a down payment? This depends on your credit score and type of loan you choose. Your down payment could range from 3% to 20% down or more. Most lenders require at least 3%.
- Are there any additional costs involved in buying a home? Yes, you will be responsible for closing costs and loan origination fees.
- How long is the home buying process? Consult with your lender for thorough details, though typically it takes between 30-45 days.
- Can you provide me with details on special loan programs? Absolutely! Contact me today and I will be happy to go over this information with you, and put you in touch with a lender.
- What does a real estate agent do? Any number of things including researching homes on a daily basis to find your dream home, to coordinating with the seller’s agent, lender and more.
- How much does a buyer have to pay a real estate agent? Nothing. That’s why it makes so much sense to work with an agent. Buying a home is free as it pertains to commissions.
- So when do I get the keys to the house? You will receive the keys at closing, and you can start enjoying your new dream home right away.
Contact me today at 817.690.0976 for a consultation. I will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the home buying process, and/or help you find your dream home!
Realty World Professionals
Image courtesy of Mark Moz/Flickr.com